I’ve spent a lot of time with women this week talking about disappointment, fear, and anger.
And here’s my bottom line advice: when the world feels like it’s going crazy around you, when you’re feeling stressed, it’s time to…
When the world feels like it’s going crazy around you, when you’re feeling stressed, it’s time to…
COME HOME TO YOURSELF!
The more centered, grounded and compassionate you can be with yourself, the more you can be present in your life and focus on what’s important.
The way to come home to yourself is not a mystery, it’s self-care.
So let’s review the basics because I think a lot of us need the reminder right now.
- Put down your phone, turn off the TV, power-down your computer, and prioritize your sleep (8-10 hours is the amount you’re shooting for).
- If you have a hard time falling asleep, try a cup of Tulsi Tea before bedtime, and a hot bath with Epsom salts.
- If you have a hard time actually getting yourself into bed, this article will be helpful.
If you aren’t hydrated fully, you are adding more stress to your system. More stress to an already stressed system is NOT what you need.
Here are my hydration suggestions:
- Drink 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning.
- Sip lemon water throughout the day.
- Add a green smoothie to your day.
- Herbal Teas will add interest and herbal support (Tulsi tea is one of my all time favorites).
3. EAT REAL MEALS
REAL meals means:
- Whole foods, organic if possible, that are not processed or mixed with additives or sugar.
- Sitting while you eat.
- Slowing down to enjoy your food. (If you’d like a simple technique to help you do this, check out my Eat on Purpose video-series.
4. MAKE SPACE FOR YOUR FEELINGS
Stop and feel your feelings. Listen attentively to your emotions, they have wise messages for you about what you need.
Breathing and journaling are two techniques that can move you towards your feelings.
5. TALK NICELY TO YOURSELF
Self-compassion is key during challenging times. It’s can feel easy and familiar to turn against yourself with self-criticism and unrealistic expectations.
6. CONNECT WITH SUPPORT
Women thrive with support and community! Stay connected to people who nourish you and make you feel like you can be yourself.
If you are challenged with any of these self-care basics, it may be time to reach out to a Health Coach who can help you step into truly caring for yourself.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Nina Manolson, MA, CHC, certified Health Coach and Psychology of Eating Coach believes that every woman deserves to feel good in her own body. She helps women create a healthy and positive relationship with their food and body so they can love their body and life! She’s the founder of NinaManolson.com and NourishedWomanNation.com
She helps busy women look and feel their best. She specializes in working with women over 40 who have tried other diets and approaches but are still struggling with their body and food. She helps women step into a new wellness paradigm that makes self-care real and do-able and turns it into sustainable healthy habits that
She’s the author of “Feed Your Kids Well In A World That Doesn’t: an everyday guide to make healthy food happen in your home and beyond”. She’s also the recipient of the prestigious Health Leadership Award from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
To get your F.R.E.E. Video Series “What to do now, when everything you’ve done hasn’t worked” by mail and receive her healthy recipes and wellness tips click here.