It seems like every season is candy season.
It starts with Halloween, then moves on to X-mas/Chanukah. Valentine’s Day follows, and after that, we’re into Easter/Passover candies. Every day there’s a pile of candy at the checkout counter of the grocery store. And we’re not even talking about all the hidden sugar in everyday foods like ketchup, salsa, crackers and more!
Sugar is highly addictive, in fact there are studies that have shown that it’s more addictive than cocaine!
It’s so easy to get caught in the sugar trap!
But how do you get out?
Here are 5 tips for you to get unhooked from the tight grip of sugar cravings.
Let’s start with FOOD:
All of these foods focus on keeping you full and satisfied as well as keeping your blood sugar levels stable so that it’s so much easier to say “no thanks” to candy.
- High quality protein in the form of nuts, seeds, fish, meat (pasture raised) will keep your blood sugar levels stable. The more stable your blood sugar levels are the less sugar cravings you’ll have.
2. Healthy sweet treats that include healthy fat
- Healthy fats also keep your blood sugar levels stable. Having healthy fats made into a healthy sweet treat is a double gift because you not only keep your blood sugar stable, you also get to satisfy the desire to have a treat.
- One of my very favorite healthy sweet treats is Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding. It contains the healthy fat from coconut milk, plus protein and ultra-filling fiber from the chia seeds. Plus the pudding is only sweetened with raspberries and stevia so it keeps your blood sugar levels stable.
- Another one of my favorite healthy sweet-treat recipes – that’s loaded with healthy protein and fat – is my 2 minute Truffles. Check out the easy how-to video right here.
3. Green Smoothies
- I think of greens as super-charging your cells. Greens are the most nutrient dense foods. They are packed with minerals and vitamins. Greens give you steady energy – from the inside out – versus sugar which gives you quick burn energy but leaves you feeling crummy. Greens also are fiber filled which means you feel full!
- Green Smoothies, in addition to being packed with greens, can be loaded up with protein (seeds and nuts) and are deeply hydrating because of the added water. This extra hydration and protein contribute to green smoothies sugar-busting power.
- Be sure to pick up my Deluxe Green Smoothie Starter Kit to get you started with a deeply nourishing habit!
- Would you like to make Green Smoothies a habit and experience a powerful upgrade of your energy, skin and mood? Join me for The 28 Day Nourished Woman Intensive!
Now let’s move onto MINDSET:
4. A Sweet-Life!
Many of us reach for sweets when life doesn’t feel sweet enough.
When life isn’t feeling sweet and satisfying we can often find our hand in the cookie/candy/chocolate jar trying to fill the need of feeling truly good in our life.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What kind of sweetness do I truly want in my life?
- Where is sweetness coming into my life?
- How can I create a sweeter life?
- What does a deeply sweet life look and feel like for me?
5. Get Support!
Sugar cravings are not a will-power issue. It’s not a sign of being weak willed.
Sugar cravings are a complex set of issues:
- food issues,
- mindset issues,
- lifestyle issues,
- body-trust issues,
- stress issues,
- gut issues
- and more!
Don’t struggle on your own any more. Get support.
If you’re ready for support that really makes a difference (and is delicious!) I hope you’ll join me for The Nourished Woman Intensive. It’s a powerful 28 Day program that helps you create a sweet-life that feels deeply nourishing and healthy!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Nina Manolson, MA, CHC, certified Health Coach and Psychology of Eating Coach believes that every women deserves to feel good in their own body. She helps women create a healthy and positive relationship with their food and body so they can love their body and life! She’s the founder of NinaManolson.com and NourishedWomanNation.com
She helps busy women look and feel their best, and helps them feed their kids well in a world that doesn’t.
She’s the author of “Feed Your Kids Well In A World That Doesn’t: an everyday guide to make healthy food happen in your home and beyond”. She’s also the recipient of the prestigious Health Leadership Award from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
To get your F.R.E.E. Video Series “What to do now, when everything you’ve done hasn’t worked” by mail and receive her healthy recipes and wellness tips click here.