Woah…everyone is STRESSING OUT here in the United States
- The election is this week.
- Holidays are right around the corner
- And life always delivers some special challenge, throwing us into hyper-drive
So today, I have 5 ways for you to relax in 5 minutes!
They’re short, easy ways to reset your nervous system and come back to a place of feeling grounded and calm.
When we are living from this place of center, we are much more able to make healthy and wise choices for ourselves – and be able to truly enjoy our life.
Here are 5 of my favorite easy ways to relax in 5 minutes:
You can also combine them for a truly nourishing experience.
1. FOLLOW YOUR BREATH:
- Set your smart phone timer for 5 minutes.
- Close your eyes.
- Bring your attention to the sensation of your breath…moving slowly in and out of your body.
- Follow your inhalation and exhalation without trying to control your breath, or make anything happen.
Breathing slowly – with awareness – signals your parasympathetic nervous system to engage.
2. TALK TO YOUR BODY:
- Lie down.
- Bring all your attention down to your feet.
- Tell your feet to relax…they really will relax, if you bring your consciousness and relaxing intention there.
- Bring your attention to your calves.
- Tell your calves to relax.
- Keep moving up through your body, talking specifically to each part of your body, letting it relax.
This really works! Try it, even sitting up, in this very moment. Tell your shoulders to relax. See?!
3. HOLY BASIL TEA BREAK:
- Boil water.
- Make a cup of Tulsi Tea (Tulsi is Holy Basil, which is an adaptogenic herb that helps your body combat the effect of stress).
- Sit down (sitting down is important).
- Drink the tea.
I enjoy Tulsi tea every night, before bed.
4. ALL-SENSES RELEASE BATH:
- Pour a hot bath.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salts (the magnesium in the Epsom salts relaxes your muscles).
- Add 3 drops of lavender essential oil (lavender is soothing to the nervous system).
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (deeply nourishing to your skin and thyroid).
- Play your favorite soothing music.
- Get in the bath and immerse yourself in the experience, using all your senses! (I’m hoping you’ll take a little longer than 5 minutes in your bath 😍)
5. AUTHENTICALLY CONNECT:
- Call someone who will really hear you without judging or taking over the conversation.
- Tell them you simply want them to hear you and empathize…they don’t need to fix anything or make things all better.
- Share your feelings.
Connecting with others and not feeling so alone is deeply healing for women. It boosts oxytocin which lowers cortisol (our stress hormone).
If you’re looking for an awesome group of like-minded women who are committed to living a truly nourished life, join The Nourished Woman Nation! This is the type of stuff we talk about – and do – all the time. We know it’s not easy, that’s why we’re here to support each other!
Which one are you going to try right now?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Nina Manolson, MA, CHC, certified Health Coach and Psychology of Eating Coach believes that every woman deserves to feel good in her own body. She helps women create a healthy and positive relationship with their food and body so they can love their body and life! She’s the founder of NinaManolson.com and NourishedWomanNation.com
She helps busy women look and feel their best. She specializes in working with women over 40 who have tried other diets and approaches but are still struggling with their body and food. She helps women step into a new wellness paradigm that makes self-care real and do-able and turns it into sustainable healthy habits that
She’s the author of “Feed Your Kids Well In A World That Doesn’t: an everyday guide to make healthy food happen in your home and beyond”. She’s also the recipient of the prestigious Health Leadership Award from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
To get your F.R.E.E. Video Series “What to do now, when everything you’ve done hasn’t worked” by mail and receive her healthy recipes and wellness tips click here.
There are divers treatment options for sundry cases. Actually there isn’t anything you can’t get on the Internet anymore. One of the most well known is Viagra. Below are a couple of things about “viagra for women“. Sometimes, when folk talk about erectile dysfunction, they think “viagra women“. A medicinal review about “women taking viagra” report that men’s most common sexual soundness problem is erectile disfunction. Several common medications can mean screwing with your erection. What is the most great information you must know view about this? Sure thing, you and your sex therapist should choose if Viagra or another remedy is good for you.